mystery band pCDNA3/EcoRI/-PO4

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 7 08:44:24 EST 1996

Hi all,

I have a wierd problem with pCDNA3 vector. EcoRI linearizes the plasmid
fine but when I PO4ase treat the digested vector an extra band appears at
~0.8kb. This band does not appear in pBSK- treated in parallel with the
same batch of EcoRI, PO4ase and buffers. I am using Promega enzymes.
Restriction mapping of the pCDNA3 looks fine and I have just sequenced
across the polylinker to double check it. Does anyone have any idea what is
going on????

--
Frances Hannan
flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
"I feel like a mosquito in a nudist camp - I know what I ought to do, but
I don't know where to begin..."