How to crack yeast for PCR ??

Robert Hindges hindges at vetbio.unizh.ch
Thu Apr 11 11:58:05 EST 1996

In article <liss.15.316BD4A9 at alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de>,
liss at alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de (Michael Liss t4310) wrote:

cut

> Let me come to my question:
> Is this DNA-isolation really necessary or is there an easier way to
> perform a reliable PCR. (Just like with E. coli where you just take a
> little colony and add the whole cells to your reaction.)
> If anybody has experience with this or can contribute any other
> suggestions on how to run the PCR etc. please let me know...
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> Mike

Mike

I used the method from G.M.Sathe et al. described in NAR (19) 17:4775
(1991) for detecting insert sizes in my plasmids. But even with that
method I only found about 1/5 of all samples working. So I went back to
extract plasmids before PCR to have reliable results. I would be very
interestted too if someone else has a good protocol for it.

robert