Electroporation Cuvettes

john brennand john.brennand at gbapr.zeneca.com
Thu Apr 11 09:46:33 EST 1996

Eurie

Yes, we used to re-use the 0.2 Bio-Rad ones after E Coli electroporations.

After use, using squirty bottles and a beaker for the slops, we rinsed
them in DI H2O, followed by several washes in ethanol, allowed them to dry
- inverted on tissue, put the cap back on and put back into the opened
packet.

We found we could use them at least 2 or 3 times without any apparent fall
in control transformation frequencies or cross contaminations.

However, once the time constant reading started to drift downwards after
the pulse we would discard them.

John