tearing my hair out over IPs

Arthur Wohlwill U55850 at uic.edu
Thu Apr 11 20:27:26 EST 1996

In article <316D5719.5BA8 at uic.edu> Keld Sorensen <KeldS at uic.edu> writes:
>From: Keld Sorensen <KeldS at uic.edu>
>Subject: Re: tearing my hair out over IPs
>Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 13:01:45 -0600

>[snipped the original .. very verbose]

>Have you tried immobilizing the antibody on a support
>such as crosslinked agarose (Sepharose) or beaded
>acrylamide....... This would be a good experiment
>to perform.

>Keld.

Sometimes binding the antibody to the beads first and adding the lysate
reduces background.  Also it may be worth analyzing your results
using  glycerol or sucrose gradients.  You should be able to
coprecipitate the two proteins from high MW portions of the gradient, but
uncomplexed proteins in the lower MW portions of the gradient  will not
coprecipitate.  This method has been used to show that hsp90 and src interact.

Good luck,

Arthur Wohlwill Adwohlwi at UIC.EDU

--
bob storti