PCR hood

upyers mcoon at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 12 15:55:28 EST 1996

In article <4jhftk$bej at battery.awod.com>, bkodrzyc at awod.com (Bob
Kodrzycki) wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a hood for building PCR reactions?  I seem to
> remember seeing an ad for a plexiglass hood with a UV light source for
> decontaminating the work area.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks...Bob K
> bkodrzyc at awod.com

I am not sure where you could find such a hood, but I'd like to point out
that a UV source, while great for limiting infections in tissue culture,
is not useful for limiting contamination of PCRs. If you are concerned
about cross contaminated PCRs, might I suggest using UDG technology.

--
"The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity" Harlan Ellison