Gene synthesis using oligos

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 13 03:46:22 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960412144519.29980A-100000 at howard>, Rafael
Maldonado <rafael at corona.med.utah.edu> writes
>On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Dr. Duncan Clark wrote:
>
>By the way, may places can make a 130 bases oligo, so you don't have to
>extend at all; just order two complementary oligos, aneal them and clone.

I thought about two long oligos but my synthesiser is one the first ABI
machines so it is a little behind the tehcnology advances of current
machines. So I phoned up ABI in the UK and asked about them doing the
synthesis. Up to 100bp fine but beyond they couldn't guarantee the
finished oligo so I came back to shorter oligos.

Duncan