license for TAQ

Bernard Murray bernard at
Tue Apr 16 18:07:27 EST 1996

In article <alexanderw.1180076318D at>,
alexanderw at says...
>In Article <1996Apr16.182343.25425 at>, bernard at
>(Bernard Murray) wrote:
>>In article <fn3jpEAP+1cxEwMV at>,
duncan at

[Legal pros and cons of Taq debate excised]

>Have you read any patents?  Many are very good scientific papers which a lot
>of researchers could learn from.
>Bill Alexander
>alexanderw at
>     "640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981

Is it true that FDA still gives a big bonus to anyone that comes up with
something that can be patented?  Maybe that would explain our differences
of opinion.

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.
bernard at  (National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda MD, USA)

"Java is there to destroy all we've achieved..." -- Bill Gates, 1996