trizol

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Tue Apr 16 13:43:17 EST 1996

In article <1996Apr13.234800.5740 at alw.nih.gov>, bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
says...

Earlier in this thread a request was made to identify the suppliers
of Trizol reagent and other posters correctly identified this as
Gibco/BRL.  I added a comment to the effect that I had used an
equivalent reagent, RNA Stat-60 from Tel-Test Inc. in Texas
but had been given the impression that the company no longer sold
this.  I just wanted to let you know that the company does
still supply this reagent.  I have never done a side-by-side
comparison but RNA Stat works for me whilst the lab down the
hall happily uses Trizol.

Tel Test Inc. 1-800-631-0600
(and Gibco/BRL are 1-800-828-6686)

Whilst searching for the telephone number I was also reminded of an
old bionet post which provided the recipe for such an extraction
reagent which the authors (Winoto, Diaz and Penuel) called
RNASEALL.  Unfortunately I don't have the original post but I
believe it was about 2 years ago.  I still have a printout
somewhere and can post it if required.

                Bernard

[no affiliation with Gibco or Tel-Test]

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.