Pouring sequencing gels the old fashion way

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Wed Apr 17 07:55:54 EST 1996

In article <4l1d9v$elt at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, rjordan at u.washington.edu
(Rob Jordan) wrote:

> I know that everybody these days is raving about new, fast ways to pour
> sequencing gels, but let's assume for the time being that I want to do it the
> old fashioned way and tape up the edges of the gel.  I've tried three types of
> tape since moving to a new lab and all of them end up leaking (badly).  Can
> anyone give me a brand name and/or taping method they use to pour leak-proof
> gels?  Every time I've used a gel that has leaked I end up with lanes sucked
> to one side or the other.

I use Mylar Gel Sealing Tape Cat.# GT-72-10 (C.B.S. Scientific  Co.  P.O.
Box 856  Del Mar, CA 92014).  Works very well for me.

Duke
The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!