Pouring sequencing gels the old fashion way

Michael Koch mkoch at usa.pipeline.com
Wed Apr 17 19:45:34 EST 1996

On Apr 17, 1996 00:21:55 in article <Pouring sequencing gels the old
fashion way>, 'rjordan at u.washington.edu (Rob Jordan)' wrote:
Try to find a bottom spacer, never leaks unless you slap too little
grease on them (especially on the edges).
Some people in our lab pour them without any leak-guard. With a little
initial help from gravity (tilting the plates up just ever so slightly)
let capillary force suck the acrylamide between the plates. Seems to
work rather well... even though I doubt that it was easy to learn.