Are plasmids purified by Qiagen really that bad?????

Seng-Lai Tan sltan at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Apr 17 19:26:25 EST 1996

We recently did a Qiagen prep of a library plasmid and used it for
transformation of a yeast 2-hybrid strain (Hf7c).  The transformation
efficiency with this plasmid prep was fine in Hf7c.  We were able to
screen and identify interactive proteins with the library.

However, for mammalian transfection, a much cleaner DNA prep is required.