Ligations with 1 cohesive & 1 blunt conditions?

Nikolai Chitaev nikolaic at VISAR.WUSTL.EDU
Thu Apr 18 20:00:38 EST 1996

Kathy L <kathryn at U.Arizona.EDU> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 15:48:18 -0700
> I am trying to do an insert/pCDNA3 ligation with T4 ligase in which both
> pieces have one cohesive and one blunt end. Was just wondering if anyone
> knew what kind of conditions work best for this type of ligation.
Kathy, this type of ligation is hardly different from all other types.
It`s advantage over blant-ended, you don`t need to check the orientation :-).
Just don`t forget to de-phosphorilate (CIP) your vector.