2DSDSPAGE STNDS

Elke egreif at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 18 11:18:05 EST 1996

Hi fellow netters,

I'm trying something that I don't really know if it works and I'd like to
know if others have tried this. Recently, we received our 2d SDS PAGE
Standards from Bio-Rad and I ran them on two gels (2D) and one was silver
stained which worked great and the other I blotted onto PVDF membrane
(since that's how we're doing all our gels now). After the blot dried, I
stained it in CBB-R250 as per protocol from Bio-Rad and destained and
nothing showed up. In the silver stained gel I have seven nice spots where
they are supposed to be. On the membrane only the molecular weight stnds
showed up. Does the blotting condition change when blotting 2D? I use
400mA for 2 hrs for 2 gels.

Any help would be greatly appeciated!
Thanks!

Elke

EGreif at ccu.umanitoba.ca

--
Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA.
Hey, hey, hey, hey! That made me this way.