Long Range PCR Question

Paul N Hengen pnh at cutterjohn.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Apr 18 10:28:24 EST 1996

Dr. Duncan Clark (duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk) wrote:

> Do you know of any good and reliable commercial PCR Kits
> allowed to aplify fragment ~20 Kb from genomic DNA?
> I would also appreciate any suggestions, tips and tricks.

: One tip is to be careful of your choice of dNTP's. We have found that
: for up to 15kb any dNTP's work. Above that we had real problems just
: amplifying 20kb from lambda and it was due to dNTP source. I could show
: that one very well known suppliers dTTP was killing the PCR completely.
-
-
: Perkin Elmer's dNTP's worked as did Boehringer's.

Would you care to reveal the company the sells the suspect dNTPs? If not,
could you e-mail me about this?