CTAB....

Anonymous smccullo at tuba.calpoly.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:35:54 EST 1996

Hello,

I can't seem to find the answer to this in any of the books I have lying
around, so please forgive me if this is an inane question.

What exactly does CTAB do? I'm using it when doing DNA extractions from
environmental samples(papaer originally by Boom, et al.) I remember
being told from a semi-reliable source it was a protein denaturant, but
SIgma lists it as useful in DNA precipitation.  Thanks In advance,

--
** Scott D. McCulloch(Bunny Lover)	| If we knew what we were doing,
** smccull at jurassic.fisher.calpoly.edu	| it would not be called