Peptide transfer to PDVF

Ming Fa minfa at
Fri Apr 19 03:01:22 EST 1996

Hey everybody,

I have a mixture of peptide fragments from 2 kDa to 20 kDa.  I can see all these peptides on polyacrylamide gel, but after transfer to PDVF membrane (Western blotting according to Towbin) I can detect only fragments bigger than 9 kDa. Is it possible that peptides smaller than 9 kDa do not bind to PDVF membrane?  If yes, does anyone know how to improve the transfer of peptide?
                                    Thanks in advance,
                                    Malgorzata Wilczynska
                                    Medical Biochemistry
                                    Umeå University