Are plasmids purified by Qiagen really that bad?????

Lo Wing Ip Anthony alo at b1.hkstar.com
Fri Apr 19 20:30:05 EST 1996

The Wagner Lab (ewlab at uci.edu) wrote:

: I've been talking to some people (more dislike it than like it, that's
: for sure) that really hate Qiagen plasmid preps because apparently the
: DNA often doesn't work as well as Cs purified for transfections and for
: in vitro transcription.  Does anyone have any opinions (with experimental
: support, of course) to the contrary??

The laboratory I was previously working have been using it for at least
three years. We have been using it for in-vitro transcription (Ambion kit)
and microinjection into Xenopus oocytes. The lab was successful in cloning
the cNT-1 (concentrative nucleoside transporter) and a few functional
study of amino acid transporters. (Prof. J.D. Young's Lab in Physiology,
University of Alberta).

--
Dr. Anthony W.I. Lo (MB ChB, B Med Sc)	Tel:   (852)-2990-1870
Medical Officer				Fax:   (852)-2370-0969
Princess Margaret Hospital		email: anthony-lo at cuhk.hk
Lai King Hill, Kowloon. Hong Kong.	http://www.hkstar.com/~alo