[solubilization of inclusion bodies with SDS?]

Mike Finney mikef at mjr.com
Tue Apr 23 17:24:42 EST 1996

In article <as-2104961021160001 at klinpharm.pharmakologie.uni-erlangen.de>,
as at macpost.pharmakologie.uni-erlangen.de (Axel Schumacher) wrote:

>In article <4kvb0b$sqr at nuscc.nus.sg>, scip3090 at leonis.nus.sg (Tan Nguan
>Soon) wrote:
>
>> Can anyone please help me? I have a question, i.e., can proteins in
>> inclusion bodies be solubilize using 1x sample buffer (containing SDS,
>> b-mercap.) followed by 5 min of boiling?
>
>Yes, for subsequent gel elctrophoresis that works fine.

And in some cases, you can do even more. I found that at least one protein
could be refolded into a functional DNA-binding protein, even after
boiling, just by dialysing away the SDS.

Don't count on this working in most cases.

Mike
--
Michael Finney, PhD |     /\/\\_\ /\_\    | 149 Grove Street
MJ Research, Inc.   |    /\_\_\\ \\_\     | Watertown MA 02172