Linear acrylamide (was --Re: glycogen as a carrier)

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 06:16:25 EST 1996

Pellet paint looks novel(ish). I presume it is just dyed glycogen. You
can buy glycogen azure (v.expensive from Sigma) which is Remazol
brilliant blue R linked glycogen. I suspect that any triazine dye can be
used but as most reactive dyes make great affinity columns you would
have to find one that doesn't interact with RE's, polymerases, ligases
etc etc. The only drawback to pellet paint maybe it's fluorescence which
may give a problem with fluorescent sequencing.

Making dye linked linear polyacrylamide maybe more of a problem as one
would have to activate the acrylamide first.

Duncan