Glycogen as a carrier

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Apr 25 18:25:23 EST 1996

KHUANG at CHEMVX.TAMU.EDU wrote:

: Hi,
: When I was in Japan, I used ETHACHINMATE as a carrier to recover DNA
: (from WAKO JUNYAKU Co.). In their catelogy, they show some data glycogen
: has effect on transformation efficency, but ethachinmate does not. I don't
: know whether linar polyacrylamide effect transformation and in vitro Packaging
: efficiency.
: Huang

Well, I have no idea what this is and there is nothing I could find
in MedLine by that name...probably a trade name. What is the Japanese
translation for linear polyacrylamide? ;-)