a mystry

Edward Wang ez022056 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:48:28 EST 1996

I have a mystry for you all...
I got some frozen stock of E.Coli from a friend and tried to streak out
on a plate.  Nothing grew...I then pour the rest of the stock (1.5 ml) on
to another plate...I got a lawn of cells.  I take some cells from this
lawn and tried to streak it...nothing grew.  I take a bigger sample from
this lawn and grew it in liquid, it was turbid in 24 hrs.  I streak this
liquid culture on plates, nothing grew...
Any ideas?
By the way...all media contains 50ug/ml Amp, which is the selection
marker for the cells.

--
Edward H. Wang                 *