PROGENE/TECHNE THERMOCYCLER

Gary Kucera kucera~gt at glaxo.com
Thu Apr 25 11:33:38 EST 1996

"Jan Schrñder" <jschroed at mzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I wonder if anyone has experience with TECHNE/PROGENE thermocyclers like
>GENE-E, PROGENE 02 or PROGENE 05. And: are there any sources/websites for
>comparison of thermocyclers of different manufacturers?
>
>-Thanks-
>
>Jan

I have used the Techne Cyclogene for several years now.  I had to replace all three of the 96-well blocks I use but the replacements (which are upgraded blocks) heat and cool faster than the old ones.  The nice feature of this instrument is the ease in programing and switching blocks (from 96-well format to tube block).  These instruments get used everyday.
Gary T. Kucera
GlaxoWellcome Research, Inc.
Molecular Biology/Transgenics Group
Five Moore Drive