the best thermal cyclers

Kiley R. Prilliman kprillim at rex.re.uokhsc.edu
Fri Apr 26 17:59:16 EST 1996

I don't recall exactly what the price ranges are, but my two favorites
that I have used are the Stratagene Robocycler and the Idaho
Technologies RapidCycler.  The Robocycler is IDEAL for rapidly
maximizing your onditions, since you can set up temperature gradients
across the respective heat blocks (we actually run one of these daily in
the lab I belong to).  we used a RapidCycler on loan for about two
months, and it is ideal for QUICK REACTIONS (15 minutes for 10uL
reactions, such as might come in handy for diagnostic purposes, and 1
hour for 50uL reactions).

Hope this helps; sorry I have no prices to give you!

Kiley R. Prilliman
Oklahoma City, OK