shooting yourself in the foot....

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Mon Apr 29 09:44:33 EST 1996

In Article <199604250716.IAA00576 at rfhsun2.rfhsm.ac.uk>, k9mhc at .rfhsm.ac.uk
(Mr Vid Mohan-Ram) wrote:
>hi...since this is a 'public domain'...if you describe details
>of your experimental work does that make your research void if
>you want to patent a part of it for example?...just wondering
>
>cheers
>
>vid

Generally, not in the US (i.e. publication is permitted and should not
affect US patents), but in the UK, my understanding is that you don't want
to publicly disclose ANYTHING about your patent before it has been granted
(i.e. Brit. patents). I suggest consulting competent counsel on this matter
if you're serious about protecting an invention.
Tracy