help with semiQ RT-PCR

James Graham graham at biodec.wustl.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:33:13 EST 1996

> If no controls are present to ensure optimal PCR conditions or variations
> between PCR runs, then people shouldn't use the words
> quantitate/quantitative at all!

Yes, but are any controls capable ensuring lack of "variations between
PCR runs"? I believe it has been well documented that a +/- variation
can be obtained between individual block positions in the original
Perkin-Elmer machine.

Personally, I find identical PCR reactions are never that. Seeing
the lack of PCR products described as any kind of  "result" I find very
hard to swallow.

Jim
J. Graham PhD
Biology Department