How many bases can be read with ALF-DNA-sequencers, who was good results with other automatic DNA-sequencers?

Steven Goldberg goldberg at
Tue Apr 30 15:26:38 EST 1996

In article <4l5ojv$lk7 at>, "Ruud Ross"
<rossr at> wrote:

> Dear Netters,
> I'm just curious. How many bases can be read with ALF-sequencers, from
> Pharmacia. Who has good results
> and what kind of conditions do you use? Are ALF-sequencers better then other,
> like ABI-sequencers?
> Thanks in advance.
> Ruud Ross
> r.ross at

I have recently purchased an ALFexpress and have been very impressed.  I
routinely get 600-750 bp per run with plasmid DNA, up to 1000 bp with ss
DNA.  It is an ideal unit for a small-medium sized lab.