"Motivation" for grad students

me. me at direct.ca
Tue Apr 30 17:21:50 EST 1996

In article <4m3bke$stb at news.service.uci.edu>, The Wagner Lab
<ewlab at uci.edu> wrote:

> A colleague of mine is looking for a way of getting "more out of his grad
> students".  He has heard of a letter that was passed around quite a bit a
> while back purported to be from the Tjian lab that he thinks would do
> the trick.  Does anyone have a copy of this letter lying around?  Or how
> about some amusing personal experiences???  -Matt
>
> --
>
> 			___________________________________
>
> 				Matthew Petroski
> 				mdpetros at uci.edu
> 				(714)824-6953
> 			Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
> 			 University of California, Irvine

you are telling me that there are actually supervisors out there who would
motivate a student by helping them???
tell him to do what my supervisor does, take them into his office and yell
at the top of his lungs...hey it made me quit!!!

sorry, I guess I am just a bit surprised that there are civil supervisors
out there too.