Size markers for sequencing gel

Paul Ulanch Pulanch at bioch.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:01:14 EST 1996

In article <zqm2-2407961645130001 at pbl3.agsci.colostate.edu>,
   zqm2 at lamar.colostate.edu (Zhengqiang Ma) wrote:
>Does anybody know that any size markers for sequencing gels are
>commercially available?  Thanks in advance for information.

We use labelled size markers for primer extension reactions or other
gels where we require a marker to identify the product length.  Ambion
(I have no affiliation with this company) sells a marker that you can
radiolabel called the century marker.  It is a 100 bp ladder up to 500
bp.  I have used this a few times and it works great.  Good luck!

Paul "Goose" Ulanch

Dept. Biochem/Biophys
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX   77843-2128