Anyone tried Sypro Gel Stains???

Mike Holbrook holbrook at mcb.umass.edu
Thu Aug 1 11:52:02 EST 1996

I am looking into using the Sypro gel staining reagents from Molecular
Probes in SDS/PAGE gels.  I will be using a Molecular Dynamics STORM
Phosphorimager as a detection system.  Molecular Dynamics also sells a
protein gel staining reagent, Allpro I think it is called.
I was curious if anyone had tried either of these systems, especially in
conjunction with the STORM machine.  I would be interested to hear
positive or negative reports on either system and an explanation of some
of the problems you might have had.

Thanks in advance,

Mike