Oligonucleotide purification

Lynn Hughes lynn.hughes at jcu.edu.au
Fri Aug 2 13:21:12 EST 1996

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem.  I have
2 10mer oligonucleotides which I want to anneal, they will give me a
HindIII sticky end, 6 base pair double stranded region then an EcoRI
sticky end.  This should be easier enough to do.  However I then need to
purify this configuration away from my starting  2 single stranded
oligos, and I am not sure how to do this.  Being such a small fragment of
DNA I don't think I will be able to use methods such as kits available
for purifying DNA from agarose gels.  If anyone has any methods I could
try I'd be very grateful to hear from them

Thanks

Lynn Hughes