Oligonucleotide purification

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:47:57 EST 1996

I've purified oligos for gel-shifting on the USB surepure system (TLC plate
system).....this have worked well.....not sure if it works for annealed
oligos.....worth looking into....

MArtin

Lynn Hughes (lynn.hughes at jcu.edu.au) wrote:
: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem.  I have
: 2 10mer oligonucleotides which I want to anneal, they will give me a
: HindIII sticky end, 6 base pair double stranded region then an EcoRI
: sticky end.  This should be easier enough to do.  However I then need to
: purify this configuration away from my starting  2 single stranded
: oligos, and I am not sure how to do this.  Being such a small fragment of
: DNA I don't think I will be able to use methods such as kits available
: for purifying DNA from agarose gels.  If anyone has any methods I could
: try I'd be very grateful to hear from them

: Thanks

: Lynn Hughes
: Microbiology and Immunology
: James Cook University