freeze-squeeze (Re: geneclean: vortexing)

Trevor Bezdek trevor at
Fri Aug 2 23:22:53 EST 1996

In article <4tsn0g$npa at>, claros at (Manuel G.
CLAROS) wrote:

> I have moved to the freeeze-squize long time ago: better yields than
> GeneClean and no limit in size.

The problem with freeze-squeeze is the huge elution volume.  When you use
any reasonable amount for a ligation reaction the yields are much lower
than for GeneClean.  Also, you have to use miniscule amounts to avoid
inhibiting enzymatic reactions.  Are my limited experiences with
freeze-squeeze, which is by far the simplest cleanup method possible