Chloropane ??? what the h... ???

Robot Boy ed at bio02.bio.uottawa.ca
Sun Aug 4 22:19:19 EST 1996

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the a "hot phenol" RNA extraction protocol that someone
else from the lab has previously used sucessfully. It just so happens
that she's on holidays, and I have no clue what "chloropane" is !!!!
I'm supposed to use it to extact the aqueous phase after two successive
extractions with hot phenol. And then I'm supposed to re-extract with
chloroform/IAA...

I've looked on the sigma catalogue and no mention there either...and it
sure as hell doesn't seem to be on our flamables cabinet nor in the
corrosives...help !!! I've got the tissues all ready to go !!!
like...right now !!

thanks for your help,

Ed Taboada
Dept. of Biology