RAPD Trouble!!!

Roland Koelliker koelliker at ipw.agrl.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 5 02:37:13 EST 1996

Dear netters
I'm using RAPD to detect genetic variability in festuca pratensis (meadow
fescue). All worked fine so far, after initial problems I found a set of 20
primers that produce nice polymorphic bands. All of a sudden these primers
stop to work. I tried everything (new polymerase, new buffer, mgcl, dntp,
and so on) but still I do not get the same nice results as before. Since it
once worked and I already have some nice pictures I don't want to play
around with the reaction conditions again. Does anybody have an idea what's
going on here? I'm quite desperate.

Thank your help

Roland

Roland Koelliker