freeze-squeeze (Re: geneclean: vortexing)

Jim Graham graham at biodec.wustl.edu
Mon Aug 5 15:54:52 EST 1996

Just take your EtBr stained low-melt gel slice and put it in the -70 for a
few minutes. Centrifuge it and use the supernatant directly. Works fine for
ligation, sequencing, T7 transcription, T4 blunting, and everything else
I've ever tried. The advantage over Gene-clean, Prep-a-Gene, Quiagen is
that it works EVERY SINGLE TIME, because the visualized DNA cannot be
lost, as only one microcentrifuge tube is involved. :)

Jim
J. Graham PhD
Biology Department
Washington University of St. Louis