Harris -80 Freezers

Bruce Thomas Blakely blakely at leland.Stanford.EDU
Mon Aug 5 15:35:53 EST 1996

In article <nigel-0308961403420001 at kos5mac19.berkeley.edu>,
 <nigel at mendel.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>Does anyone out there have experience (good or bad) with Harris -80 freezers?

Horrible experience with Harris freezers bought in late '80s that after
semi-annual major repairs were retired after about 5 or 6 years of use.

>The sales rep claimed they were basically relabeled Revcos, but I'm a
>little nervous about spending money on/trusting our samples to a brand
>I've never heard of before.

I heard that Revco bought Harris - I'm not sure when. I would be very
suspicious that they were mechanically the same. I don't know why
Revco would bother to keep the name. If Honda bought Yugo, would they
keep the Yugo name if the quality was brought up to the level of Honda?

Many people here use Revco and are happy with them. In my department, we
have mostly Forma, and are also very happy with them. We have 15 year old
Formas that are still running well.

Bruce