about transformation of DNA into E.Coli

Hidevaldo Bueno Machado machado at BIO.UFPR.BR
Tue Aug 6 21:43:48 EST 1996

In my hands, electroporation gave better results than transformation. However, we use transformation for
routine cloning since the electroporation chambers are more expensive than eppendorf tubes.
You may use the Inoue's transformation protocol which is the best one I ever used and gives high number of
transformants. Check the reference is you are interested:

Inoue H., Nojima H. and Okayama H. (1990) High efficiency transformation of Escherichia coli with plasmids.
Gene 96: 23-28.

PS: I can provide you the protocol if you do not have access to the paper.

Regards,

					Hidevaldo

--

Hidevaldo Bueno Machado