Chloropane ??? what the h... ???

Olivier Gandrillon ogandril at cri.ens-lyon.fr
Tue Aug 6 03:47:19 EST 1996

Hi
I used to extract RNAs with a solution called chloropane. It was made of
1 volume phenol plus one volume chloroforme and 0.05 % hydroxyquinoline;
10 mM NaCH3COO pH 6.0; 100 mM NaCl and 1 mM EDTA. I have no idea where
this comes from (I mean a ref) but this might well be the same
chloropane you're supposed to use.

Hope this helps.

Olivier