Quantitation of individual nucleotides

stein.bergan at labmed.uio.no stein.bergan at labmed.uio.no
Wed Aug 7 04:20:18 EST 1996

I want to extract DNA from a cell culture (MOLT-4), by the use of
Promega's Ready-Amp or something similar. Then I will measure
the content of guanine.
Can I use Nuclease BAL-31 to have DNA completely degraded into
the individual nucleotides, or will it leave some oligonucleotides ?

There is a simple (?) HPLC-method for the quantitation of deoxynucleotides
(J.Chromatography 1989 (461) pp259-266), which I consider the most
straightforward way. Any better suggestions?

Thanks

Stein Bergan  (M.Sci.Pharm. / Researcher)
Department of Clinical Chemistry and
Department of Clinical Pharmacology
- National Hospital - Rikshospitalet;
University of Oslo, Norway