inducible mammalian promoter

Paul_J_Ryan Paul_J_Ryan at sbphrd.com
Wed Aug 7 16:26:45 EST 1996

NETSCAPE APPLICATION wrote:

> I am looking for a good inducible promoter system for mammalian cells.  I
> have heard that there is an ecdysone inducible system available, but I
> have not been able to find any specifics about it.  I am already familiar
> with the Tet on/off system from clontech, but I don't want to make the
> double stable transfectants required for this.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Adam Keeton
> University of Alabama at Birmingham

Have you thought about the MMTV (mouse mammary tumor virus LTR) which you
can induce with dexamethasone.? Or you could try Metallothianine (Mt)
(sp?) promoter and use Cu or Zn to induce. I have used the former in CHO
cells and the latter in Drosophila. The Mt promoter is leaky in
drosophila.
--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.