Epitope tags

Steven Theg fztheg at peseta.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 7 13:42:16 EST 1996

Is anyone familiar enough with epitopes to know whether any for which
commercial antibodies are available contain methionines?  I would like to
epitope tag a protein that we translate in vitro.  The protien has no
methionines for [35S] labeling, so use presently use [3H]leucine.  I'd
like to introduce methionines into this protein at the same time I add the
epitope tag.  So, it would be nice if the epitope containined methionines,
the more the better, but two is probably the minimum.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve Theg