4+2 rule

Eitan Rubin bcrubin at dapsas1.weizmann.ac.il
Wed Aug 7 10:46:02 EST 1996

A *great* work on annealing temperature for PCR, probably the old NAR
article you mentioned - Rychlik, W. Spencer, W.J.and Rhoads, R.E. (1990)
"Optimization of the annealing temperature for DNA amplification in
vitro", Nucleic Acids Res 18:6409-6412. I think it's a must for PCR
users.
  I have an aticle (Vincent, J., 1994) which refers to the origin of the
4+2 formula as Suggs, S.V. et. al. (1981), "Use of synthetic
oligodeoxyribonucleotides for the isolation of specific cloned DNA
sequences", ICN-UCLA Symp. Dev. Biol. 23:683-693.
  Eitan.