X-gal staining without non-specific in the rat brain ?

Riekeltje Koedood rkoedood at bio.bu.edu
Wed Aug 7 12:20:25 EST 1996

We made trangenic mice with a lacZ transgene, and got very specific b-gal
activity (that is our negative embryos were completely unstained).
I'm surprised you find high endogenous b-gal activity in the hiipcampus.
You could check out the 2 publications that came out of this work:
	Koedood et al, 1995, J.Virol 69, 2194-2207
	Fritschy et al, 1996, J. Neuroscience 16, 2275-2282

Marieke Koedood
Boston University

Sukwon Lee (bioman at plaza.snu.ac.kr) wrote:
: I'm studying in vivo gene transfer using viral vector in the rat brain.

: Endogenous beta-galactosidase activity was so effective in the
: hippocampal region that I couldn't detect transgene effect.  :(

: I'm trying some breakthrough in different conditions of assay buffer.
: Could anyone mail me some info for me ?

: Development and Neuroendocrinology
: Dept. of Molecular Biology
: Natural Sciences, SNU
: Seoul Korea