does IPTG go bad???

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 7 11:52:28 EST 1996

Howdy,

Does anyone have experience with IPTG going bad?  My stock bottle of 1
molar doesn't seem to be capable of inducing protein expression anymore.
It has always been stored frozen and thawed only for use.  I haven't had
this happen before but then again, I've had this bottle for about a year
(?I think).

Either the IPTG isn't working anymore or two independent clones have
decided not to make proteins for me at the same time.

John F. Hess, PhD                     Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Cell Bio. and Hum. Anat.      FAX me 916-752-8520 (ask first)
University of California at Davis
Davis, CA 95616                       Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu