HELP!!! Lambda prep...

Allison 3abm4 at qlink.queensu.ca
Thu Aug 8 14:48:16 EST 1996

I'm doing the  "Standard method for purification of bacteriophage
lambda" (Sambrook et al. pp 2.73-2.76) and at the end of step 11, the
CsCl step gradient, I'm getting a blue band _above_ a white band, the
opposite of what the protocol says should result.  Also, the bands seem
too far up in the tube.  Does anybody know what is happening?  Perhaps
more importantly, does anybody recommend a better (more recent?)
protocol?  This one seems long and ripe for catastrophic errors on my
part.

Allison