Statistics and biology

Edmundo Castro ecastro at physci.ucla.edu
Fri Aug 9 18:45:18 EST 1996

Hello all!  I was wondering if anyone can recommend a text that examines/reviews the
applications of statistics to biological research.  My statistics background is
non-existent (looking for a good class at UCLA) but would love to get my hands on
something ASAP.  From the basics (R square value, probabilites) to more advance
stuff (bootstrapping, etc).
Plus, if anyone knows of references discussing the pros and cons of different
statistical analysis I would appreciate getting them as well.

Thanks to all in advance!

E. Castro-Vargas