inducible mammalian promoter

NETSCAPE APPLICATION PAIS at wp.path.uab.edu
Fri Aug 9 12:24:22 EST 1996

Dr. Ryan,
   Thanks very much for your reply.  I was not complete enough in my
original post.  My problem is that I am working with a liver derived cell
line; and therefore the mmtv system will cause nonspecific effects.
Also, I think heavy metal may also cause problems, though I am not as
sure of this.  For these reasons, I thought that the ecdysone (crustacean
steroid hormone) system, or something like it might help me.  Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Adam Keeton