pGEX/GST gene fusion problems-> HELP!

Mark Evans evansm at sierradesigns.com
Tue Aug 13 09:40:27 EST 1996

I have used this system extensively in the past. From what I remember,
PMSF activity is pH dependant and it's life span is very short (about30
min). I would recommend using a cocktail of several different inhibitors
to different classes of proteases, including cysteine proteases. Also
make sure to add them to your initial lysis buffer and carry them
throughout the purification process. Standard practice is to add fresh
inhibitors whenever you change buffers. Good Luck