Bind-Silane and sequencing

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 15:22:47 EST 1996

Hi folks,

We are having the odd hiccup when using Bind-Silane treated plates for
sequencing. We followed the Pharmacia protocol and it worked fine but
even the most gentle of washing of plates after one sequencing seems to
remove or lower the binding efficiency especially at the gel edges. we
have been very careful not to handle the plates when we have silane
treated the large plate so I don't think we have accidently contaminated
them. Pharmacia reckons it takes quite a lot of use before we lose the
binding but this doesn't seem to be happening in our case.

Any hints or alternatives?

Much appreciated.

Duncan