Microcentrifuge preferences???

Eric Roush edroush at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Aug 14 14:01:01 EST 1996

Our lab is currently considering the purchase of additional
1.4 ml-tube centrifuges.  We'd like to get something that
is reliable, affordable, easy-to-clean, and reasonably quiet.
However, in my years of laboratory experience, I haven't found such
a beast.  Eppendorf and Beckman microfuges are, in my experience,
reliable, but loud and expensive.  The DuPont-Sorvall
microfuge (which we currently use) has, in our hands,
a reoccuring problem with jamming of the latch lid.

If you have a microfuge that you'd recommend, could you drop
me a line (or post here if you don't mind advertising it.)?

Eric Roush               Phil Niekro for the HOF!
edroush at acpub.duke.edu   Any sufficiently advanced magic
also coache at aol.com      is indistuingishable from technology.
Maddux/Glavine in 1996!       It's Time for a Change-Up!